Eight!

Today the girls turned 8, and somehow, I can't believe it. How the time has flown. We of course have to download the pictures and then upload them here, so don't expect any nifty images here yet. But to recap the weekend:

1. Grandma and Grandpa M. drove all the way from PA just to come for the girls' birthday.
2. Tara and Ava and Grandma and Grandpa C. were also able to come down to celebrate.
3. The kids all had fun at the Magic Castle.
4. Melina fell down a few stairs at our house but is okay.

Yes, number 4 really happened to number 4. She is fine, and has a little bruise on the lip. Thank goodness she wasn't that far up the stairs. I really am happy we didn't have to head to the ER as that would have crashed the party for sure. I told her last night at bedtime not to scare me like that again; she just looked at me and smiled. Mommyhood is sometimes just a bit too scary for me.

I forgot to mention the cakes. I made butterflies for the girls that ended up looking nice. I had taken some tips from images on the internet. Since the in-laws were here on Friday, I was able to make the cakes and frosting from scratch. They were marvelous! I can follow a recipe just fine, thank you! When we post pictures, I will be sure to post the recipes so that all can delight in their goodness. Talia said, "Mommy, that is the best chocolate cake and frosting I have ever eaten!" I said "Thank you."

Comments

cryptozoologist said…
wow, eight. the next power of two will be tougher. perhaps you could write a book called 'the algorithmic chef, dispatches from an empirical kitchen' ?
T said…
Dude, those were the best cakes and frosting ever!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status