Burned Muffins

Warning: Mature Content

(Sometimes I really think I am morphing into FRN. Really.)

I woke up this morning, early as usual, with the intention of sitting down at the computer and finishing up a critique. When I got to the kitchen, I realized that I left a muffin mix out last night. The kids love muffins, and those mixes, while not the greatest, are wonderful in a pinch. I'll make some muffins and then sit down, I thought.

Easy enough. Except when you forget to put the timer on. Oh, I thought I did, but apparently I didn't push the right button on my watch. (It was dark in the kitchen and I'm getting older, remember?) As I sat here, ready to open up my document (because of course I just wasted time checking email), I remembered the muffins. The muffins that just might be burned muffins.

Well, I lucked out. They are fine muffins. But the whole experience got me thinking. Burned muffins. That could be a novel title (watch out, you just might see me use it), or the title of an anthology, a painting, or an expression that one uses when things go wrong, as in:
  • Burned muffins! I hurt my toe.
  • I'm as sad as burned muffins right now.
  • I wouldn't wish burned muffins on anyone!
Of course, you can certainly (sort of) turn this around, too, as in:
  • The kids walked in on us last night and now, my muffin's burned.
Up too early. I'm stopping there. (That didn't really happen, by the way.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status