Lessons by Melina

Yesterday, Melina asked if we still had her Hello Kitty rain boots. I was pretty sure we'd given them away because, if I remembered correctly, they were a size 10 and her foot is a size 12. But I said we'd check. Sure enough, the boots were nowhere to be found.

Melina sniffled a little, and asked if we might get a new pair someday, to which I replied, "Maybe."

"Okay, mommy," Melina said. "Will you help me print something, then?"

"Sure. What do you need?"

"I need a picture of some Hello Kitty rain boots."

So we sat down at the computer and Melina quickly found exactly the picture she wanted.

"Can you print this, please?" she said.

I printed two copies and went into the kitchen to check on my pizza dough.

In the dining room, I could hear the scissors at work. Melina cut out the boots and proudly came to ask me for help in making tape loops (when you cut off a piece of tape and fold it over on itself so that you have stickiness on all sides).

"What are you going to do with the tape loops?" I asked.

Melina said nothing. She took the tape loops and placed them on the backside of the paper boots, which she then affixed to her ankles. She happily wore those paper boots from late afternoon until well past dinner.

"I love my rain boots, mommy! Thank you!" Melina warbled, with a huge smile on her face.

We could all stand to learn something from this five-year-old, I think.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status