First Interviews

I haven't spoken much about my new gig as Profiles co-editor for Literary Mama. I don't know why. I think it's simply because I'm busy learning: about the insides of the magazine, how to be a better editor, and what is best in terms of communicating with other editors who are around the world. I'm doing some editing and some writing for the magazine, and really, I don't need to tell you what it's like to sit behind a computer. Many of you do that on a daily basis.

However, I had an interview scheduled with Katrina Kittle tonight, and I thought I'd share my experience. (Because somehow, I can make anything an experience.) If you don't know her, she is the author of five novels, all of which can be found at her site. She is also a huge supporter of the creative arts in and around the Miami Valley. She teaches writing, evaluates manuscripts, and takes part in theater productions as well as runs, reads, and gardens.

I won't go into the interview here. You can hopefully read it someday once it's been put up on the Literary Mama page. But I have to tell you what happened so that (as usual) you can feel better about yourselves.

In short, I made it to the interview at the appointed time. I brought two methods for recording the interview. But then, as my luck would have it, I forgot the list of questions.

It sort of goes along with falling into a chair when I make a pitch.

Thankfully, Katrina was gracious enough to let me borrow her phone. As I stood in the sun, with sweat trickling down what little cleavage I have, I called home, and then scribbled as much of the question down as I needed to jog my memory. From there, we went into the coffee shop and had a lovely time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status