Writing Goals

Someone kindly reminded me yesterday that everyone needs goals. And we do. I do. But I've previously said that my only goal for this blog is to post at least 319 posts this year, and that I have some minor goals (trivial ones, really, mostly said in jest) in mind for 2015. The question is, what are my writing goals?

Do I have any of those?

Yes, I think I do. And this is what they are:
1. Write and publish one profile for Literary Mama.
2. Write a review for Literary Mama with my sister, Gina. (The piece may or may not get published this year, considering we need to find a book, query Literary Mama, and then write the review.)
3. Query a total of 100 agents each for After We've Fallen and Beyond the Trees. (I'm a glutton for punishment... you all knew this, and I've already started querying, so it's not really as many as it seems. The only caveat is this: if I keep getting rejections, I need to look at my letter, my first pages, my writing. So this goal might not be realized this year, either.)
4. Finish writing my first complete draft of Hunting for Lilacs.
5. Get at least 30,000 words of The Chocolate Garden done.
6. Read and critique as much as I can for other authors.
And I only have 355 or so more days to do this. I guess I better get started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status