I looked up "Easy Banana Muffins" because I really didn't want to use my same old muffin recipe and I had, as usual, a ton of bananas. Well the recipe I found was a hit with the kids. And anyone who has kids knows that if a recipe is deemed more than acceptable, you stick with it. So I'll be putting this recipe into the "what to do with old bananas" rotation.
(If you want to see the original recipe, you can find it here.)
3 large bananas
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional, but I used it)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
What to do:
- Mash the bananas and add the sugar and the egg.
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into medium size muffin pan (lined or greased).
- Bake 20 minutes at 350F degrees - 375F degrees.
(I realize that not all of you loyal readers enjoy bananas. The next time I decide to make muffins, I'll take that thought into consideration and search out a different type of muffin.)