Sweet Smells of Summer

The summer vacation officially ended today. Zoe and Talia jumped on the bus and zoomed away at 7:50 am this morning. They had smiles on their faces and a spring in their steps, as they say. I didn't sniffle like last year, as I am familiar with the routine. This morning got me thinking that maybe we can get back into a posting-more-often tradition :)

I do want to share some of the pictures we have from various points over the summer. We had some family here for Melina's first birthday, and I made her cake from scratch. I usually try to put a cool design on the cakes I make, but for a first birthday, I go simple.

I found the recipe for this cake online, and it was simply delicious. No more boxed cakes, ever!

Here are a couple of pictures of Melina at her party. In the first one, I am helping her taste the cupcake I made for her (same recipe as the cake). She seemed to like the cupcake and frosting, but not enough to really dig into it. I bet that changes next year. Overall, Melina didn't have a clue what was happening that day, but if I remember correctly, she clapped for herself after we sang to her.


I added this one because I think she is cute (not biased here at all, am I?).


We tried to get a decent picture of everyone while they were visiting; the result is below. I don't know that anyone was NOT in pajamas, but I think we all had our teeth brushed.


And here is Aaron, doing tricks again. Oh to be that flexible!

Anything else will have to wait until the next post, which I promise will be sometime this week. I know you have all been waiting, haven't you?

Comments

Kelsey said…
Yea for pictures! The cake looks beautiful. Even after all the homemade birthday cakes I've done I still can't frost worth a dang, maybe you need to give me lessons? Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!

Glad the goodbyes weren't so bad this morning!
T said…
I love the pic of Melina! Cutest one of her thus far!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status