Early Beginnings

5:41 am, Tuesday, December 1, 2009.

I wake up to the sound of 3 kids cackling in the girls' room. I look down at Melina, who is sleeping lengthwise across my abdomen at a very odd angle (yes, we believe in the family bed), and decide to try to get a few more winks in before waking her up. At least the kids are making happy sounds, right?

Aaron had gone to bed (in the girls' room) the previous night and was asleep by 6:20 pm. He promised me before falling asleep that he would NOT wake the girls up in the morning. After finishing up their snacks and books, the girls joined Aaron in their room for the slumber party. Clearly, Aaron did not hold up his end of the bargain. I am not sure what I will do this evening come bedtime.

***
We went to the library today to make a copy of something I need to send out. Aaron and Melina were enthralled by the copy machine. Aaron was pointing and jumping and saying, "Look, look!" as if I'd never seen one in action before. Melina was looking at a very large button-like structure and saying, "Ball!" If we get stumped for what to do while Tim is away, I think we'll head back for round two!

***
After posting last night, I headed up to work on folding the pile of laundry. I got through some of it, and we worked on putting some of it away this morning before school. Maybe if I get them up early every morning, we'll get everything done that we need to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status