Things Tim Would Find Funny

The kids like chicken baked with bread crumbs on the outside. I was making that dish for them yesterday afternoon.

Aaron: What is that?
Me: Chicken.
Aaron: It doesn't look like chicken.
Me: Well, it has to bake first.
Aaron: What part of the chicken is it?
Me: The breast. They are called chicken breasts.
[I continue to cut the chicken breasts into smaller pieces, trimming them of the parts I don't want on them. I trimmed off a rather pink section as Aaron watched.]
Aaron: I bet that pink part was the nipple, mom.

He had me speechless. We went on to discuss the chicken and the egg conundrum. It was quite the afternoon.

***
Melina has been asking to sit on the potty. She says "bobby" and pats her bum. Cutest thing ever. She is already with the program, though, as once she is on the potty, she wants a book. I can't imagine where she would have gotten the idea to read while sitting on the potty [smile].

***
The breakfast table was rife with discussion this morning. Well, the table wasn't, but the kids surrounding it were. According to Aaron, it is the 8th of December today; the girls say it is the 9th. I thought I cleared up the issue when I confirmed that it is, indeed, the 9th of December. However, Aaron won't believe it. He even went to the calendar, circled the 8 and crossed out the 9, as if doing that makes it the 8th. Five year old logic cracks me up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status