Digital Camera Dump

Here we are, a month later, and I am finally getting around to a new posting. I still don't have the girls' communion pictures, but I do have photos from our two vacations and some time inbetween.

Let's just say that Disney World is really far away. And driving there wasn't my most favorite thing to do, but the kids were wonderful. Really. And so was Tim, since he had to do all the driving so I could attend to a little lady that prefers her mommy. In short, we had a great time. The condo was nice, the pools were great, the crowds at the park weren't too bad, and the weather was perfect. It was a little on the warm side, but what else do you expect for June in Florida. We have a few pictures to share below.


Melina did not grow all of a sudden. Cousin Olivia happened to be visiting Florida with Grandpa and Grandpa M. at the same time. We were able to spend some time with them.

Melina spent much of the time looking pink, hot, and sweaty. She much preferred the rest stops.

The girls in the condo, being silly and showing some of the things we ended up bringing back with us.

Legoland in Downtown Disney was pretty cool. We all enjoyed seeing it, but it was swamped with people inside. Therefore, we stuck to the perimeter and enjoyed the creations outside.

Melina enjoyed walking around Grandpa and Grandma's condo, as well as at bus stops. For being less than 2 years old, she was a champ!


At the Animal Kingdom, we went on a safari ride. We enjoyed it immensely and were able to see many things we like, including the giraffes. The top picture shows a few termite hills. Kinda cool, eh?

The kids also enjoyed the petting zoo. I was thinking to myself: we traveled this far for a petting zoo? Are you serious?!?

***

The morning after our return, Aaron attended his first day of Safety Village. This is for kindergartners-to-be, and the program teaches safety issues. He enjoyed himself, and we took a picture of him and the village.

His favorite part of the program was when the kids were able to drive little cars around the village. He also liked the bus ride. Hopefully, he learned something.


***
Four days after we got back from Florida, we left for Walloon Lake, MI. We decided to split that drive up, as we had the Florida trip. So, we stopped at my parents' house on Friday evening, and then drove the remainder of the trip on Saturday morning. I had visited Walloon Lake 3 or 4 times as a kid, and I always wanted to get back there. Some things had changed in the 27 years since I last saw the lake, but the essence was still there. The kids and Tim are hooked, and I think, if we can, we'll try to get back each year or two. The cool Michigan weather was actually sort of welcomed, after the heat of Florida.

The clarity of the lake has always amazed me. The soft, sandy bottom of the lake still squishes between your toes, and the minnows skitter when you come near. Here, Zoe has Cousin Elli by the hand.

Across from the public beach is a handy playground. Talia and Aaron are shown here.

And of course, we have Melina peeking through at the camera. What a ham!


My dad rented a pontoon boat for one day. Despite the cool, damp weather, we all braved the boat. Don't ask me what Melina is doing in the first picture: I think she was directing the show and telling whoever was captain that she wanted to go "That way!" Uncle Dave was the hero that day, helping the most with the boat, even when it the motor died. The day ended up sunny and warm, and the return boat ride was wonderful.

No one wanted to come back to Ohio. It was a great week, and we hope to have many more vacations like it!

P.S. Aunt Tara and Ava, and Aunt Gina were with us, but unfortunately these pictures don't have them. I will look for more. Sorry to you guys!

Comments

Kelsey said…
So fun to see these pictures! I would like to hear more about the place you went in MI... The petting zoo at Animal Kingdom cracked me up a bit too. :-)
T said…
I can't believe you take your children across state lines!! I can't believe you allow them to pet animals and then you... oh I'm running out of steam. I just thought it had been awhile since someone randomly attacked your parenting via your blog and thought I would do the honors. LOL

Was great to see you guys, looking forward to this weekend! xoxo T

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status