How I Like To Spend A Holiday

We were supposed to head to Michigan this weekend. Melina had other plans. Her fever lasted 5 full days, and her crabbiness has extended to 7. There was no way I was going to put a feverish child in the car. A crabby one, yes, but feverish, no.

So stuck here, we were. The other kids were bummed. So far, though, this 4th of July weekend has actually turned out to be one of the best I can remember.

I was able to get my long run in on Saturday, and we put down some mulch around our trees. Woo-hoo! We also made it to the pool that day, where we met up with the girls' best friend and her family. After swimming for a couple of hours, the families decided to extend the fun and we headed over to the Ds house for pizza, salad, and dessert. Emphasis on the dessert. We picked up some stuff, and so did they. The kids hit the mother lode at dessert time.

Sunday wasn't so bad, either. Again, we did some yard work and headed to the pool. I also showed the girls how to easily pick up the dog doo -- that is their job now. Another Woo-hoo! here, please! Fake chicken nuggets, roasted potatoes, and homegrown lettuce and CSA tomatoes rounded out a good day.

And today? Well, again, we stuck to the yard work theme. Tim mowed the back lawn, we all pulled a few weeds and watered the new landscaping (pictures to come soon, I promise). Tim took the kids over for a fun evening at the Ms house for snacks, pool, and fireworks.

What do I get to do? Sit here. At home. With Melina in bed. I could do anything! Or nothing! Exactly how I like to spend my holiday! Happy 4th of July!

Comments

Kelsey said…
Glad you guys had a nice weekend, even if it was a change from the original plans. I can't wait to see the landscaping!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status