Monday Mornings

I used to like Monday mornings. Yes, my feelings went against the consensus, but I did. The kids would go off to school, and I could start on my week. The quarter I taught on Monday mornings was a bit difficult because I felt like I started the week running instead of walking. But aside from that, Monday and a new week were always somewhat exciting.

Until recently. Now, Monday mornings have become the bane of my existence. For a multitude of reasons (which might be discussed in another post), including the very loud snoring of my wonderful husband, I haven't been sleeping well. And then, Monday morning comes too soon.

The kids come down, a bit after I've literally stumbled out of bed, and the questions start. What is for breakfast? Have you seen my bag? Mom, are you coming for math centers today? What is evolution? How do our kidneys work and what do they do? And what about organ transplants? Seriously, all of those questions have been posed on a Monday morning.

I am thrilled that the kids are thinking, but the clanging of the voices is what gets to me sometimes. So right now, I am letting in all the silence that encompasses the 30 seconds it takes for Melina to drink her water. It has infused me, and reinvigorated me, and hopefully, it will make up for the fact that I will be working on 4.5 hours of sleep last night. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status