Comfort Food

I've been running around a lot lately, mostly to events, work, meetings, and such. I always feel as though I'm running behind, actually, and if I get to where I need to be on time (which used to be late for me), I almost congratulate myself. We have so much going on these days that I find myself reaching for the small comforts: an cup of warm coffee, a chocolate chip cookie, and yesterday, broccoli casserole.

Strange, but true, but when I tell you what goes in this casserole and how to make it, you'll realize it truly is a comfort food. And comfort foods are allowed to be firmly entrenched in the strange category.

Ingredients:
1 16 oz package chopped frozen broccoli (two 10 oz packages are fine, too)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 bag of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix

Steps:

1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
2. Add the broccoli and cook just until thawed.
3. Add the soup and the stuffing mix and stir.
4. Place into buttered casserole pan.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Looks absolutely disgusting, I know.
 The kids won't touch this dish, but it's one of Tim's favorite classics from home. And last night, I had two helpings as we watched The X-Files. Great food, great times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status