Back At It Again!

This past weekend, I ran a half-marathon. It wasn't my first, but it was the first race I've done since having children. In fact, part of the reason I signed up for the race was to get back into shape. That, and MaryAnne made me (just kidding). So, I asked Tara if she wanted to join us in the pursuit of the 13.1 mile trek. She said yes.

Did we have goals? Yes, we all did, I'd say. MaryAnne, Tara, and I all run at different paces, and actually ran our long runs at different times. We figured we might not actually "run" the race together. But in the end, we'd feel like we accomplished something with each other. And hopefully, we'd fulfill some goals.

I am happy to report that we all surpassed our goals. I finally feel as though I might actually be able to run at the pace I did pre-children. Yippee! Now, if I can just find the time to stay in the running game. I don't have a picture of MaryAnne, but Tim was lucky enough to have to be up when we left on Saturday, so he snapped a picture.

Melina and I were standing right under the floodlight, hence the odd-looking hair on both of us.

All finishers were given a medal, which was cut off of the picture. Melina carries the look off better than I ever could!

Comments

Kelsey said…
I publicly cheer for you!!!

LOVE the photo of Melina w/ medal. So sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status