I Want To Be The Mom!

Melina has this very funny habit. She says, "I want to be the mom" and then collects the things she needs to do this. Her list includes:

1. a hot pink bandana
2. shoes, either Aaron's brown school shoes, or the girls white communion shoes
3. an old pair of the girls' glasses
4. my old black purse
5. a toy stroller and baby

Sometimes, she includes a calculator on that list.

How does this all come together? In the usual way, of course. She asks for me to put the bandana around her waist, like an apron. I have to use a safety pin to do it, which I don't like, but I try to be careful, especially when she takes the bandana off. She then puts the shoes on her feet, perches the glasses on her nose, grabs the purse and the stroller, and proceeds to walk around the house. The calculator? She pretends that is a phone, and sticks it between her ear and shoulder.



Why do we find this funny? Well for one, I don't wear an apron, ever. I do have one. And I have worn it one time in front of the kids. I wear dresses about as often as I wear an apron, so I don't know where Melina got this idea. Second, she does a good job in the shoes. Aaron's shoes are big on her and the girls' shoes are even bigger. But she manages to parade around the house pretty well. Third, the glasses and calculator are nice touches; the image remind us of the classic picture of an old librarian, who might very well be on the phone at the time. But remember, the kid is two!

Probably the funniest part of the whole thing, is that she calls herself the mom. I said the other day, "Bye mommy, I see you are leaving." Melina's response? "I am not the mommy! I am the mom." She then added, "And you are Kelsey. Goodbye."

I am sure Kelsey doesn't know she has such a presence in our lives. Now you do, Kelsey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status