One Down, Four More to Go!

I know that all of you are just waiting to hear how my first night of the writing workshop went.  In an effort to not disappoint the few readers I have, I will report.

Well, I survived.  It actually wasn't that hard, mostly because we did not have our writing critiqued last night.  The first session was a "let's get to know each other" session, as well as a "let's set the ground rules" session.  I am so grateful that the author running the workshop does it that way.  I certainly don't rush into anything (well except for actually signing up for the workshop) so it made me feel at ease from the onset.

Next week, the stage is set for me, as I am the first author who will be critiqued.  I actually volunteered to go first, mostly because I want to keep working on my piece.  My motives were selfish -- I admit it.  But being selfish here seems like it won't be too bad for everyone else.

I will go into more specifics next week, but I will say that I think this writing group will be valuable.  The ladies, and it is a group of all ladies, taking the class all come from different backgrounds, and we are at different stages of our lives.  Each of us is writing completely different stories, too, and judging from what I have read so far, we have different strengths and weaknesses; I think the points of view will give us a fresh look at our writing.

So, there you have it.  Completely uneventful and boring, but after Talia's ear predicament, I'll take uneventful and boring.  By the way, we see the pediatric surgeon tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status