Roasting Time

The CSA box started up again in March.  We've been happy getting a bunch of produce that we love and some that the kids don't.  It doesn't matter that some of it is deemed inedible by the kids, as Tim and I will eat most vegetables.  The greens have been plentiful and we use them in salads or stir-fries.  We can hide different sorts of greens in salads, a favorite of our children.  But I have not told them I am sneaking different greens into the mix.

We've also been getting a lot of cabbage.  Up until yesterday, I'd chop it and throw it in the stir-fry.  But I thought I'd like to try something else. And since we roast a ton of other vegetables, I figured I'd try roasted cabbage.

The cabbage was awesome, and tasted great as a cold snack a couple of minutes ago.  I simply cut the head of cabbage into wedges (take out the stem, of course), brushed a bit of olive oil on the sides, sprinkled some salt and pepper on the wedges, and stuck them in the oven.  Voila! 

Comments

Kelsey said…
I don't know why I don't roast more veggies - the kids LOVE roasted green beans and I have to make twice as much because they always fight over seconds. We throw some minced garlic on too.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status