Always With the Humor

Yesterday at dinner, the kids and I ate without Tim.  For some reason, they wanted to know details about our engagement and wedding, and I gave them as many as I could remember.  It isn't that I didn't enjoy our wedding.  I absolutely did and would do it again in a heartbeat.  But I cannot do justice to the day, company, music, and food with words.

I gave the kids a few details and told them that we'd had two desserts at our wedding.  The traditional cake, which was cut and put into cute to-go bags, and a lovely dessert called Paris Brest.  If you don't know what that is, take the time to check this site at Joy of Baking, and try to imagine indulging is the yummy treat.  It was delicious.  Leave it to my kids, though, to find the humor in it.  Here's how the conversation went.

Me:  We had a super delicious dessert called Paris Brest.
Kid 1:  Oh.  What is that?
Me:  It is sort of a huge cream puff type dessert.
Kid 2:  What is it called again?
Me:  Paris Brest.
Kid 1:  What did it taste like?
Kid 2:  Milk?
Me:  That was good, kid.  I gotta give you that one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status