Third Time is a Charm

The wasps are haunting us.  And I don't like wasps.  In fact, after Melina was born, I called a neighbor to come over and help me get a wasp out of the house.  He probably thought I was crazy, but I had 3 scared little kids and an infant, and my hormones weren't quite back to normal.  Plus, Tim was out of town.

Back to present time, though.  On the way home from camp, amongst the rave reviews of all the fun the kids had, I hear, "Mom, there is a bee or something back here."  I looked in my rear view mirror, and then sharply turned the wheel and pealed into the nearest parking lot.  By the time I got out and opened the sliding door, the poor thing decided he'd had it with our lot and went out the window.  I bet he was tired of hearing the kids talk.  Anyway, that was encounter number 1.

Encounter number 2 happened yesterday, when Melina got stung on the thigh.  When I was able to coax out of the shaking little lady a description of what stung her, it seemed most likely it was a wasp.  She says it still hurts, by the way.

And the third encounter also occurred yesterday.  I happened to be on the phone when Talia calmly said, "Excuse me, Mommy, there is a wasp in the family room."  I, too, stayed calm, but quickly ended the call, and grabbed a cup to put over him while I found other useful items.  As Aaron held the cup, I pulled out some hairspray to immobilize said wasp, some paper towels, and a phone book.  When I lifted the cup, it was obvious the little wasp had gone to the top.  I plopped the cup on the phone book, and managed to move the wasp outside, with little fanfare.

They say third time is a charm, right?  I am so hoping we are done with wasps.

Comments

cryptozoologist said…
its like i always say:

do you know what's wrong with this country? too many wasps!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status