Fashion Statements

Way back in February 2011, I told you about the people I saw walking to and fro in the pedestrian walkway at school.  The post was more of a fashion commentary than it meant to be, and it concentrated on the different types of pants people now wear.  The kind that barely stays on took center stage that day, and since I have once again started walking that same pathway into the building, I can happily say that perhaps, just maybe, fashion has moved on.  It seems as though people's pants are riding where they should.

However, there are many other things that stand out now.  Things that keep me laughing for the 25 yard walk, and make people look at me funny.  Who is that crazy lady laughing to herself,  they ask.  Yeah, sometimes I ask myself that, too.

Anyway, I started school on Monday, and so far, this is what I have to report.

1.  Patterns that don't match, at all (my kids have been doing this for years).
2. Girls dressing like guys and vice versa.
3. Lots of color in the hair (myself included).
4.  Dressing like winter even though it is 85 degrees out.
5. Skirts so short, the bum cheeks are peeking.
6. Shorts so short, the bum cheeks are peeking.
7.  The aqua pick sticking out of an awesome afro.

That last one literally had me laughing out loud this morning.  I hadn't seen a pick like that since the 1980s.  My day was buoyed by the whiff of nostalgia.

I am not here to judge, I just report the facts.  And if you can, by wearing what you wear, keep my mind off of the fact that my legs are killing me (a new, awful symptom of my period, now that I am getting older), then by all means, keep doing what you are doing.

Comments

Timmy said…
What's so bad about #5 and #6?

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status