Thing I've Recently Learned

In no particular order:

  • My twin daughters are bright, but I think they have the same problem with standardized tests that I do. Aaron, however, does not. 
  • Melina is prone to drama. That, I knew. But I didn't know she'd cry if I did not follow her instructions for outfitting myself to the letter.
  • Despite Melina's flair for fashion, she hasn't figured out that gold sequins on a dress do not match with silver gems on the shoes (see above).
  • I don't like homework. I say that as if I once used to like homeowork. I'm a nerd, so maybe I did; I really can't remember. But I'm essentially taking two writing mini-courses right now, and I can't quite find the time to do my own homework. Everything else takes precedence around here, which makes sense. You think I can farm homework out?
  • I also don't like to spend money. We are entertaining the idea of overhauling our kitchen. The counters and floor are crumbling, the appliances need to be replaced, and the cabinets, while they could probably be salvaged, might also need to go. You would think that I'd be jumping for joy at the thought of a new kitchen. But with it comes a home equity loan payment. Yeah, now you see where I am coming from.
  • I'm more like my father than I thought. I find myself striking up conversations with anyone and everyone at any place. The kids are confounded by my behavior; I look at it as being friendly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status