Holiday Cards II

About ten minutes ago, my friend Barbara helped me realize something about the holiday cards I probably won't be writing out this year.

"I only do photos, no writing," she said. "I don't have time."

She's right. We don't have time, unless we start writing the cards in July, which I have said I'd do before, but I didn't do this year. And while I LOVE photo cards (which means, keep them coming...I am not lying when I say this; in fact, I've blogged about it before), I cannot give them.

Because when I send holiday cards, I must WRITE in them. And not just a simple Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukkah, or whatever it is you celebrate. I need to ask how the family is doing and tell you that we are fine; I need to find out how your jobs are treating you and tell you whether or not we'll be visiting your neck of the woods any time soon. AND, I need to personalize it. So I can't do an all-in-one letter (again, I LOVE those, too, but you already know that) because I would have to personalize that letter for each and every one of you.

So, we're back to the emails.

I think I better get going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status