Submissions

As you all know, I have dreams of someday publishing a book that I have written. I've put that into the five year plan, and in the meantime, I continue to write many things, such as these blog postings, more manuscripts, and short stories.

Because of my dream, I don't usually do anything with my short stories, but I received an email awhile back from the community college at which I teach. They have a literary magazine that was open for submissions. I had a short story that could possibly be sent there. I needed to make the connection between the two.

So I just submitted my short story to the literary magazine. Even if my story is included, I won't get paid for it, but I would at least be able to say that one of my stories was published in a literary magazine. Perhaps it would help with credibility.

Which gets me to my point for the day. A few moments after I emailed my submission, I received an email confirming that my story had been received. This is what it said:
Dear Christina,

Thank you for sending your work your work to X. We look forward to reading it.

Sincerely,
XEditorial Staff 
If you don't see the problem right away, read the note again. How credible of a magazine is it if they can't edit their own emails? I have a mind to contact the director and let her know of the error. That might just dash my chances of being published, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status