Tracks

There was enough snow this morning that my long run, much like last Saturday, was somewhat difficult. There were slippery spots on roads that had been plowed; there were unshoveled sidewalks and sidewalks full of slush; there were also streets full of snow, except for the tracks made by the cars that had already traveled the roads.

Those tracks saved me this morning. They gave me a little respite from having to hop from place to place to find a spot to put my feet. I ran down the tracks thinking that I was grateful to have them, because even though the run was hard, at least I was running. And I realized something, with respect to running and to life. Sometimes, you have to follow the tracks made by others and simply trust that when the seasons change, you'll be able to make your own tracks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status