I've Finally Done It

I've gone off the deep end, I tell you.

Every book I read, I access the punctuation. And lately, I'm fixated on the colon. When is the proper time to use it? And how should it be used? Furthermore, is the author's usage consistent?

I'm so caught up in the punctuation, I'm not holding onto the stories these days. Argh. It's enough to make me go batty, right? (And didn't I just imply that with my first sentence? It's worse than I thought!)

So what are the rules on colon usage? It depends. Are you following the Chicago Manual of Style? Or the Associate Press Style Guidelines? Or maybe you use the Modern Language Association Style? I'm not going to bore you on those rules because you might as well just look them up. Find out which style you are supposed to use and then use it. Consistently, please, so I can go back to enjoying the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status