It Happened That Way...

Aaron walked out of the bathroom holding the tweezers between his fingers.

"Mom, these tweezers need to be washed." He wouldn't meet my gaze, but he pushed the tweezers farther into my line of vision. What had he been doing with the tweezers?

"Uh, okay. Did you use them to take a piece of mucus out of your nose?" I asked him. I know it sounds odd, but sometimes, the mucus can be so dried and stuck that I have used tweezers to extract a piece of it from my kids' noses. Thankfully, they all know that the tweezers should be washed before they put it near their noses and again afterward.

Aaron's cheeks flamed red. "No."

"What did you use it for then?" My curiosity was piqued. I turned toward my little guy, keeping my ears wide open.

"Well...I had a splinter. In my...penis."

My mental self laughed so hard, but having a splinter in a penis doesn't sound fun. At all. "How in the heck do you suppose that happened?"

"I don't know."

I don't know, either. But I do know that if I didn't write this down, no one would have believed it to be true.

(And do not go there. The kid is ten. I'm hoping not to walk down that road for many years.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status