Sharing

I see an increase in activity on this blog when FRN (faithful reader from the north, aka Tara, aka my younger sister) shares one of my posts. The concept makes sense: if I share a post, I am asking people to read it, so my readership (for that post anyway) goes up.

So the question then is this: should I always share my posts? And by share, I mean, broadcast the post's presence via our lovely friends Facebook and Twitter. (Any other form of social media, well, I don't use them.) I hesitate to do so...who wants to read about urethral meatoplasty or bad oven repair besides my actual family and friends? I'm guessing all the blog writers out there, those who are actually trying to maintain a blog for professional purposes, are shaking their heads at my measly attempts here. And we all know the reason for my blog...I've said it many times. I'm writing all the details of this life down for posterity's sake, really. I want to let my kids know why I'm insane, instead of having them look at me like I'm nuts but not understanding why. (Oh wait, didn't I once say I maintained this blog so the kids really know me and how much I love them? I guess maybe my reasons have changed...)

But sharing is like self-promoting, a concept I have trouble with, so I've brought myself full circle. And miraculously, I've determined the answer. No, I won't share all of the posts. These words are oftentimes drivel, really. And ain't nobody got time for that.

Comments

Tanstaafl said…
I don't think you should share because I am more selfish than the other FRN.
Christina said…
You both, at least, keep me laughing.
T said…
Gasp who the hell is this above poster?!?!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status