February 13

Today is the day...

(I'm sure you're waiting to find out what about this day is so special.)

Today is the day before Valentine's Day, a holiday we don't quite celebrate around this house that much; maybe give the kids some extra chocolate and a hug. As I started to think about Valentine's Day, I wondered about the day before it, and what happens on that date. This year, plenty will happen (if you get my drift) because Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday and I've already heard about people who move their plans to the 13th because they want to turn in early on Sunday night before the week begins. (Or is that just me?) But what else does the 13th of February represent?

A little digging with my friend Google helped me find that February 13 is National Tortellini Day. Who knew? I thought a good Italian like me would, but I guess not. I don't know about you, but there are some days in my life that I'll take the pasta over the chocolate. Usually those days have PMS or stress written all over them. (Actually, on those days, I'll probably take the pasta and the chocolate.)
Photo by Gyfis

Oddly enough, I also found that February 13th is Get A Different Name Day. I'm not even sure what to think of that. And since it's a Saturday and I'm not in the writing mood, I'll leave you with those tidbits for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status