(2016 NaNoWriMo) Captain's Log, Day 1

(Author's Note: The plan for November is to update my readers on my daily NaNoWriMo progress. It's a way to connect with you, of course, but it helps keep me accountable, too.)

The tally:

1. How many words I wrote on November 1, 2016. 2411 (Nowhere near last year's count of 3828.)
2. Did I make the word count goal for the day (1667 words)? Yes
3. Am I on track to finish by November 30, 2016? Yes

Distracting thought of my day: Cake. In particular, chocolate cake. One that looks very much like this...

Yes, I made this. And it was delicious.
Yes, it was Aaron's birthday yesterday, and I had a task on my to-do-list with his name on it: make birthday cake. I tried a new recipe, which the kids and Tim deemed a winner. You can check out that fabulous recipe over at Sally's Baking Addiction. And if I haven't said it before, you can't go wrong with Sally.

Comments

Penny said…
That cake looks amazing! I'll always trust your cake making skills.

BTW, K is also participating in NaNoWriMo. She did a 'camp' this summer, and I guess she enjoyed it. I'd have no clue what it was if it wasn't for you.
S.B. House said…
Oh that cake looks good!!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status