(2016 NaNoWriMo) Captain's Log, Day 15: A Pep Talk

Here we are on November 16--a little over halfway through November mind you--and I'm writing once again a sort of recap of NaNoWriMo. To some of you readers out there, a recap might sound odd. Why in the world is she writing a recap when the month is only half done?

For those of you keeping up with me, you know it's because I'm finished with NaNoWriMo. I bypassed the 50,000 word count goal on November 14th and now? Before I dig in and add a few more thousand words over the course of the next two weeks, I thought I'd spend some time encouraging my friends and DaytonWriMos to keep going. Because sometimes, a little pat on the back and vote of confidence is all the encouragement a person needs to move forward and make progress.

So here we go...

You have almost two full weeks left to this challenge. Two weeks means 14 days, and at 24 hours a day, we have, effectively, 336 hours. That's a lot of hours. And you and I both know that we don't necessarily need to sleep 8 hours a night when we're trying to crank out a novel. Even if you work full-time, you can get a good handful of hours if you just scale back that sleep! Run on adrenaline! Drink more caffeine!

If I can do it, so can you! I'm not here to bore you with the details of my life, many of which are known to a bunch of you. But I'm a busy person. I do not have hours at my disposal to do with them what I'd like. And if I can finish this challenge, then I'm confident that you can, too. Trust in my confidence, and you will find yourself with 50,000 words under your belt come November 30, or before.

What? That's it? That's your version of a pep talk? I hear you FRN. I hear you. Actually, I'm so tired and my eyes and head are still swimming from my time in front of the screen. I can't give much more than that, but thankfully, the ladies over at The Pep Talk Generator can. These pep talks are geared toward the females in our midst, but this blog is inclusive, so please insert your preferred pronoun when applicable:

You know what? You don't need to worry so much about the future or question those decisions in the past. You also don't need to worry about what they think about it you. It's none of your business. You are a goddess, created From the light of a thousand stars. You are a smart, passionate, funny, beautiful woman with a big and messy heart. You know exactly what to do. Don't be afraid. Just do it.
Baby steps. If they were good enough for Bob Wiley, they're good enough for you. How many more times are you going to be completely punked by perfectionism? If you're paralyzed by fear, hearing whispers of self defeat whenever you start anything, then it's time to turn on your heels and kick Fear in the teeth. You'll make mistakes, you'll look stupid, and you'll survive all of it! More importantly, you will learn, grow, and impact. But only if you move. You’re allowed to be afraid for like 8 minutes, but then you gotta haul some arse. Get up, put words on the page, commit, and conquer.
And if those words don't help you, then check in with Yoda.


Now stop wasting time and get back to writing!

Comments

T said…
Stop with the numbers!!!!! Lol

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status