I Made This!

This blog has been a bit whiny lately, and I apologize. But thank you for hanging in there!

There are many things that I can do. Unfortunately, sewing is not one of them. To be quite frank, I am not even that good when it comes to just sewing buttons back on. So, when the girls asked about making a skirt for the sock hop, I knew that I needed to find a no-sew version.

Well, I found one.

And I am proud to say that I was able to make Melina's skirt with minimal effort. I decided that I would make hers as the test case. I plan on having the girls help make their own skirts.

Melina and I made the trek to the craft store, practically bought out the store, and then made our way back home. The best purchase of the day, in my opinion, was my very own hot glue gun, in a nice shade of hot pink!


After we took everything out of the bags, I followed the directions. I took the next picture when I had already cut the circle for the skirt and the poodle out of felt. Notice the straight pins! I felt like a pro when I attached the poodle pattern to the felt using those pins.


And here is the finished product. I have yet to get a picture of Melina wearing the skirt, but I promise to get a picture of all the girls in their skirts once they are done.

By the way, the pink pom poms were Melina's idea. But I bet you knew that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status