Miss Independent

So wasn't I just complaining about Melina being too dependent upon me? Yep, I sure was. Well last night, she displayed a most convincing act of independence, I am still astounded by it.

After dinner, Melina and Aaron were watching a Batman show, in the family room, while Tim was using the computer in the same room. I was reading a book to Zoe and Talia two rooms over, in the study area.

All of a sudden, I hear the pitter patter of feet that can only be from one person: Melina. I asked if she was okay. She said yes, but since she was in the kitchen, I thought I'd see if she needed anything. I excused myself from Zoe and Talia, and went to investigate.

Melina had taken the kitchen towel and was wiping her face. This is not out of the ordinary, as she often swipes the towel to wipe her nose when it is running, and it hasn't stopped running since February 1st. Don't worry, I am aware of this habit and make sure to change towels often in the kitchen, plus hide the one I want to use for drying hands or dishes. Anyway, I approached her, asked if she needed help, and knelt down in front of her. She extended her arm to me, and said that she had gotten her sleeve dirty.

She had. There was something brown on her sleeve, and when I smelled it, it smelled like the mint cookie I had given her. But brown was smeared everywhere on the cuff of the sleeve. It couldn't have just been a bit of the melted chocolate on it. She had to have done something else. And that is when Melina said, "I just spit up a little bit."

What?!? You just threw up and you had the ability to walk, calmly I might add, into the kitchen and try to clean yourself up? Really? I then moved the towel, and sure enough, there on her shirt was evidence to back her up. I asked Tim if he had heard anything from Melina in the family room. I asked Aaron if he had heard anything from her as well. Neither one had, but the pillow was wrecked. The entire family was impressed, to say the least.

We cleaned Melina up (and again and again) and had the same night we always do when she gets sick. She is currently finishing up Batman, which she requested a few moments ago. I hope the virus stays put within her, because I doubt the rest of the crew will be so proactive in their own clean up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status