The Forgotten One

It's been over a month now since Ferdinand went away, and while we miss him, I think our decision was the right one.  The kids have seemed to adjust, and they are able to speak about loving and losing Ferdinand without a tear in their eyes.

The problem now?  Lucy.  I think I underestimated that animal, and the fact that he lost his litter mate.  The first couple of days after Ferdinand was gone, Lucy looked confused, but didn't behave any differently.  About a week in, he started to change his ways.  So far, he hasn't behaved obnoxiously (knock on wood); I think he just misses his buddy, and finds every opportunity to let me know that.  Unfortunately, his idea of letting me know he is sad is to whine at 5 am on a Sunday.  Perfect, just perfect.

Either I need to get earplugs, or Tim and I are thinking that perhaps Lucy needs a cat friend.  No, I have no plans to find another cat for this house.  Instead, we might try to find a new home for Lucy.  He is in sound health and just needs some extra loving that apparently, he doesn't feel he is getting here at our house.  If you know any healthy, happy families with one cat that are looking for another, please let me know! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status