I Spy

I may have posted about this before, and if I did, I apologize.  But I Spy is a game that the kids love to play, especially around the dinner table.

The thing is, Melina doesn't quite get the concept.

Here's what I mean.

What should happen:

Someone 1:  I spy with my little eye something blue.
Someone 2:  The cup.
Someone 1:  No.
Someone 2:  Grandpa's eyes.
Someone 1:  No.
Someone 2: The stripe on Aaron's shirt.
Someone 1: Yes.

What does happen:

Round 1
Melina:  I spy with my little eye something pink.
Us:  Your dress?
Melina:  Yes!  And my cup and the flower in my hair and my shoes and the band in my braid. 

Round 2
Melina:  I spy with my little eye something pink.
Us:  Your dress?
Melina:  Yes!  And my cup and the flower in my hair and my shoes and the band in my braid.

You can't say she isn't thorough, though, can you?  She remembered the band in her braid twice.  The kids find this habit of hers hilarious, as does any adult sitting at the table.  If we manage to get through 6 rounds of I Spy at dinner, and she does this 6 times, we laugh as loudly as the first every time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status