Pancake Personality

Like many things in life, I prefer my pancakes a certain way. I've talked about this before, long ago, on a Saturday morning when I ran by a house that smelled just like Saturday morning did at my house as a kid. I told you then about the pancakes my dad made almost every weekend. Because I run on Saturdays, I tend to cook pancakes during the week. And because we consume far healthier fare now than we did when I was a child, I don't load them with butter, like my dad did. Instead, I prefer to have a tender pancake, not too dry, not too sweet. One that hits the spot in terms of carbohydrates, but doesn't induce a sugar coma. Have I actually achieved that goal? Not when I use a pre-made mix. But in a pinch, my pancakes pass muster.

And of course, as I am wont to do, thinking of pancakes and how I prefer them made me think of so many other things -- more profound things (if the word thing can be thought of as profound). Is the way I prefer my pancakes indicative of who I am? If I want chocolate chips in them one day, does that mean I need a little spice in my life? If I throw in some banana, am I craving fruit or something more exotic to happen? What, indeed, do my pancakes say about me? Is there a Buzzfeed quiz for that? I bet there will be, and soon.

I won't go into all the ways I can make my pancakes different or what they might mean to me. But think about this post the next time you step up to the griddle or the next time someone serves you pancakes they think are fantastic. Do the pancakes match up to the personality? I'd be curious to know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status