The Invasion

Two days without posting, and I'm sure you missed me. (Go ahead and admit it, I know you did. Except for FRN, because I was actually in the same state that she was, having fun at her wedding shower. And probably not Ben, either, who I have found out is just as loyal as FRN or LRN, and so I must -- I MUST -- find another acronym for him. But we had fun at his house, too, so I know he wasn't missing us. In fact, he was probably trying to find ways to get six people out of his house a little sooner. How's that for what was supposed to be ONE parenthetical phrase??)

Well sadly, the time has come (as it has for a few summers now), where my ability to post and write dwindles because of the invasion. I might have a lot to say, but little time to write it down. Or, I might be so busy because of the invasion, that I won't even have anything to say. What invasion, you ask? The invasion of my house. By my sister and her kids.

I probably shouldn't use the word invasion, because that dredges up images of an army of unwanted intruders breaking into my home, and while Tim might feel that way (actually, he doesn't...I ask him every year if it is okay for the girls to come down), I do not. I don't mind this change in routine, from going to Chaos Level 1 to Chaos Level 2, because I prepare for it. I don't bother trying to get anything done besides laundry, cooking, keeping people happy, and during this week, making Melina's birthday cake (she will turn six on Thursday, by the way). I welcome having my big sister here because -- news flash -- I like her. And this year, we're especially lucky: Tara and her daughter are here for a few days as well (and I like them, too). Which means we're in for a real treat with all this family around. (Aaron is really excited. He can't get over how many girls are in one house at one time. Cue sarcasm and an extra large eye-roll here.)

So I'll try to post all the gems that come out of our time together or I won't. You'll have to be patient with me. I'll see you here sometime, but maybe not tomorrow.

Comments

Unknown said…
First of all - thank you for the post a few days ago - I didn't read it :) Have fun with all your family and if Aaron needs a break from all those girls just let me know - I am certain Saba would enjoy his company!
Timmy said…
We ought to label them FRN-a and FRN-b.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status