Mmmm... dopamine

Dear readers, as I sit here typing this post, good things are happening in my brain. Happy chemicals are fluttering around, and neurons in activity centers deep inside my brain are tingling. At this point, you may be thinking (and honestly, I wouldn't blame you for it because it doesn't sound like a half-bad idea), "Oh here he goes, with his pitcher of sangria on one side and keyboard on the other, trying to be a modern-day Hunter S. Thompson." The truth of the matter is that blogging is good for you. Imagine that. Seriously, go ahead and imagine it, because then maybe your brain will release some dopamine, too. Take a moment; I'll be right here. Do you feel better? I knew you would.

According to one author of the study, expressive writing is linked to improved sleep. It seems perfectly clear to me, then, that babies and toddlers should be blogging. Babies could be sleeping twelve or thirteen hours straight at nighttime, and their parents wouldn't look or feel like zombies. One might find the content tedious,
"They kept giving me the purple duck. I wanted the green duck. I threw the purple duck. They thought it was cute and gave it back to me. I wanted the green duck. They kept giving me the purple duck, so I spit up my milk on them."
but that's not really any worse than what I typically post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status