Yummy

Melina has always been a great eater. No latch-on troubles for this little lady; she likes her milk and seems to always want more. I asked at her 4 month visit if we could start cereal, and the doctor gave the okay. Now, 1 month later, Melina is loving her sweet potatoes more than the cereal, but will eat rice cereal with a couple spoonfuls of sweet potato mixed in. At this age, milk is still her primary source of nutrition (as it should be), but it is nice to know she is on her way to having a seat at our table. Or is it?

I somehow managed to forget (despite the 3 who came before) how messy a baby is when she is learning to eat. Most food OUTSIDE the baby, not INSIDE the baby. Zoe, Talia, and Aaron think watching Melina eat is almost as good as watching a television program. I, on the other hand, cringe to think that I have many meals ahead of me where wiping the person up is as important as wiping the table before her. That sounds awful, but please, let me say this: I think all parents have certain things of which they are not fond. I don't mind diaper changing, bathing, nursing, or a whole host of other duties that come along with the little bucket of sunshine. Feeding mashed fruits, vegetables, and watery cereal -- not my idea of fun.

Of course, after all that, I know you are just waiting for a good picture of Melina with food on her face. And so, I oblige:

The sweet potatoes sleep with the fishes:

Comments

Kelsey said…
Oh my gosh- that second picture is hilarious! Harper wasn't a very messy eater to being with, and Michael isn't so far. . . but Harper got into a phase where she would blow raspberries with food in her mouth ALL THE TIME, difficult not to throw her out the kitchen window when she'd spray sweet potatoes over every surface! The feeding chores are not my favorite either.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status