Bits of Our Week

Aaron was drawing a rainbow with his markers. Excitedly, he says, "Mom! My favorite colors are primary colors!"

I don't know about you, but I didn't know what a primary color was when I was four. Gotta thank dad the physicist for that one.

****
I was feeding Melina in the kitchen, and she started to put something in her mouth that was just too small for her mouth (as in, she could choke). I took it away, and instead gave her the Fisher-Price baby Jesus, that came with the nativity set.
Me: Here you go, Melina. Play with this instead. Baby Jesus won't mind if you put him in your mouth.
Talia: Mom, Baby Jesus won't mind because he is a toy.
****
And just because we talked about everyone else, I need to put a bit about Zoe in here. I had to laugh yesterday. She was supposed to be doing her homework, and instead, I found her reading something. She hid what she was reading, and then came to the table to do her homework.

It wasn't until later that I asked her what she was reading. She informed me that she had As Your Baby Grows, which is from the publishers of American Baby. I received it at some point during my pregnancy with Melina. It really is a nifty pamphlet, complete with pictures of pregnant women, the developing fetus, and a vaginal birth. All of the kids have enjoyed looking at it.

This time, however, Zoe said she needed privacy when reading it. I am thinking that Zoe is probably actually reading the magazine this time, and not just looking at the pictures. Does that mean a birds-and-the-bees talk is right around the corner?!? I'm not ready for this!

Comments

Kelsey said…
I love the image of Melina gnawing away on Baby Jesus! :-)
let me know how that "birds and bees" talk goes....it has to be better than the one I got when i was a kid.... GOOD LUCK!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status