Just Because

Sometimes things happen during the day that crack me up. Today, something happened, and I had to post it, just because. This just because moment was funny, but I couldn't laugh out loud. Why? Because a certain red-head actually did something quite inappropriate, and laughing about it would have indicated consent.

I was preparing lunch, and Melina, who had previously been in the family room with Aaron, wandered into the kitchen. I looked at her. Upon each cheek, there was a small piece of black electrical tape, about the size of a postage stamp. On top of her head sat another piece of black electrical tape of the same size.

Me: Melina? Why do you have electrical tape on you?
Melina: Heh!
Me: Aaron? Why does your sister have electrical tape on her?
Aaron: I don't know. I didn't do it.
Me: Aaron, please come into the kitchen.
[In he comes.]
Me: Aaron, the only other person in the family room with Melina was you, so you must have put the electrical tape on her. Did you do it?
Aaron: Yes.
Me: Why?
Aaron: She messed up my thing. [Things are quite the rage with Aaron. His thing of the day was some construction that allowed his toy Rocky to watch TV from behind the living room couch, and the TV is in the family room.]

I explained to Aaron that his actions were not appropriate. I told Aaron that taking the tape off of Melina would cause her some pain (she briefly whined when I took it off) and he needed to say he was sorry. He did apologize, and I am sure Melina had no idea what he was apologizing for. He went ahead and ate lunch without another incident.

Inside, I was laughing: not because anything about what Aaron did was funny, but because the look on Melina's face when she came up with tape all over here was just priceless! I really should have taken a picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status