Busted!

Our vacuum cord died the other day. Tim was vacuuming, and in the middle of doing so, the cord split. It is now Wednesday, and I am having withdrawals. I didn't realize how much I depended on having that vacuum; there are certain tasks that just require it. Tim hasn't had the chance to replace the cord yet, but I am hoping he does so by the weekend.

On the plus side, I am starting to get creative in my attempt to clean up around here. Which means I am shaking up the routine, I guess. I have enlisted the help of the dog, if the mess is food related, and I have thought about recruiting the cats, but they are less reliable. If the mess is of the craft variety, i.e. paper, sequins, and buttons, I have the kids crawl on the floor to get the big (and little) things. Broom-sweeping the carpet isn't so great, but it works in a pinch, I guess.

And since this post has been nothing but one big complaint, I guess I should see the silver lining in all of this, and consider myself blessed to actually own a vacuum, and a nice house in which to use it! Always a good thing to remind oneself of one's blessings!

Comments

Kelsey said…
You are a good sport Chris! Our dog in unnaturally picky about what he will and won't eat off the floor - isn't that part of the point of owning a dog?

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status