Hard Copy

Today, my loving husband thought he'd be helpful and send me this message:
If you don't feel like shopping the book around to publishing houses, there's always this option:
Love,
Timmmie
The book to which he is referring is my Harvey story, the one I lovingly call Jupiter Girl, because I have not yet come up with a better title.  And no, Tim didn't misspell his name in the closing.  From the get go, he's always put the extra m in there.  I think it was his way of being quirky way back when we were dating.  Perhaps I should have realized he is just weird.  But that is, of course, for another post.
 
So of course his email intrigued me.  It made me think of what my long term goal is.  Why, pray tell, am I writing this novel?  Good question, don't you think?
 
I don't have a lot of answers these days, but I do have the answer to that particular question.  I am writing this novel because I want to.  I have a story in my head and I want to tell it.  I want to share my ideas with other people, and I want for kids to smile when they read the mission Laney Rollins goes on and think, Huh, that was a good story.  The novel doesn't need to win any awards, but I'd like for it to be well-written, and a good story, plus I'd like to hold it in my hand.  A real book, with real pages, published by a true publishing house.   
 
Which means, I might not go down the road to which Tim refers in the link above, but I thought I'd provide it anyway, for those of you who might be interested in trying to capture the ebook market.  Good luck! 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status