Lessons of the Universe

Today is one of those days where the line The Universe is conspiring against me sprang to mind. Not against me per se, but against a certain set of folks who might be coming to visit this weekend. Why do I say that? Because I do believe that Melina has come down with a mild cold. And germs seem only to linger at our house a few days before someone comes to visit. Sometimes the germs spread (for a nasty case, think about our Thanksgiving trip of last year), sometimes they don't.

However, I choose not to think so negatively, that the universe would point its fingers at a few people and try to make their life miserable. Instead, I choose to go with the more positive point of view when I quote Paolo Coelho and say, When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

Which makes me think that if the same thing occurs each time, perhaps the universe is trying to help teach a lesson about something, and maybe we all need to perk up and listen with our ears wide open. For as Paolo Coelho also said, You drown not by falling into a river but by staying submerged in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status