Last Monday Night

(Are you humming the tune to Katy Perry's Last Friday Night? I know I am. I even thought about writing a little parody of that song, but here it is, almost the evening of New Year's Eve, and I have things to do. So I won't.)

Last Monday night, I found myself scrubbing dishes after dinner. Of course, I couldn't find anything abnormal in those actions, considering I'm the certified dish person in this house. But something about the whole mom-doing-dishes was different that night, and it had to do with the addition of a colander that perched on my head.

Why did I have a colander on my head? Those of you who've known me for over 20 years might think I was channeling Harvey, my hippo character. But no, my hat of choice that night was because Melina asked me to wear it. I can't remember why, or what we were pretending, but I do hope that I'll remember (and I hope she does, too) the night that we had fun in the kitchen with colanders on our heads.

And because I certainly don't mind ending a year's worth of thoughts on someone like Melina, we're going to stop the post there.

It's been a great year. I've posted 318 times this year. (Can you even BELIEVE that?) Thanks for putting up with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status