Mommy's Christmas List

I almost forgot to post something today! I am in the midst of writing my last exam for the quarter, and it just dawned on me that I had not written something witty (or not) for the day.

At this time of the year, the thing on the kids' minds the most is The Christmas List. Aaron, Zoe, and Talia have already made their lists. We have each of them taped to the tile backsplash in the kitchen. Aaron wrote down about 4 items and then said he just didn't know what else to put on it. I told him he had time to add more items if he wanted, but maybe it was a good idea to put surprises on there. Who doesn't like surprises from Santa? I said.

The girls also have their lists. Actually, it is the same list for both of them. Identical lists for identical girls. Go figure.

I decided I'd make my list, too, so I wrote it on the write-n-wipe board and set it in the kitchen, too. Here is my list:

1. Kids who listen.
2. Peace and quiet.
3. A clean house.
4. Food for all who hunger.

Simple list, not so simple to attain.

If I could, I'd add one more item to that list. I'd like to have a robot whose specialty was shaving legs. I don't shave my legs in the winter, not because the hair keeps my legs warm, but because I wear pants all winter, and I don't have the time to spare. Come to think of it, I bet Tim would like for me to get that robot, too. We can only hope.

Comments

cryptozoologist said…
make tim shave your legs ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status