Body Parts

Excuse me if we already have a post with that same title. I am too lazy to look back and check. It is probably obvious that around here, living with a physiologist, the kids would know their body parts, and quite a bit how they function. Being the youngest, Melina has had the largest opportunity to learn body parts -- their correct names, and their incorrect names.

Now, this post could take a really big, nasty, turn right about now. But that isn't the point of it. The point is to (once again) highlight just how funny kids can be. The girls aren't that funny anymore, because they speak correctly and understand many things. Aaron can sometimes be funny, but Melina is in the thick of being funny. Her latest?

Melina: Aaron, I see your breasts!
Aaron: Melina, I don't have breasts.
Me: Technically, Aaron, you do. We all do. But with boys, we usually say you have a chest.
Melina: Aaron, you do have breasts! Someday, when I am a mommy, I will have big breasts. Mommy, you have big breasts.
Me [Looking down at what most people would consider a not-so-well endowed bosom]: Relatively speaking, I guess they are.
Melina: They are! They are! You have big breasts.

If you didn't find that conversation remotely funny, then I don't know why you stopped by.

***
Melina had an ear re-check to go to on Tuesday. The doctor couldn't see her eardrums to check because of all the wax that had built up. About two weeks ago, when Melina was watching Little Bear, she said, "Mom! I can't hear the TV." I wondered what the problem was, and checked her ears (she has a habit of sticking her fingers in them). They were fine.

Apparently, though, they were not. Dr. T took out the curette and removed the wax from each ear. I am not exaggerating when I say that each piece was 1.5 times the length of a pencil eraser. I was quite embarrassed, actually, but Dr. T said she sees it all the time. Then, she asked if Melina puts things in her ears. Of course! All those fingers going in her ears have pushed that wax all the way back!

Comments

Kelsey said…
Call me anytime you need to feel better about earwax and I will tell you about Michael's ears!

And the breast conversation is really, really funny. I adore Melina.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status