Easter Eggs

Not a single picture was taken by me yesterday while we dyed eggs. At one point, I looked around for the camera, and then I got distracted by Melina trying to crack, peel, and eat the egg that was to be dyed.

In the end, 7 hard boiled eggs were put into the lovely colors, 1 hard boiled egg was eaten, 7 uncooked eggs were carefully colored as well, and 1 uncooked egg was dropped (by Zoe) onto the table. It cracked, but lived.

Here is what I already knew about coloring eggs with kids (the golden rule, in my mind):
  • Let go of your expectations and let them do their own thing.

Here is what I learned yesterday:
  • No matter how many eggs you actually cook, there will never be enough to go around.
  • There is a reason you cook the eggs, besides the obvious cracking issue. The shells soak up the dye much better, and wax adheres to the shell better, too.

I am sure that I learned more, but it was the end of the day, and my brain only retains so much in a day.

Happy Easter to you!

Comments

Kelsey said…
You are ahead of us - we didn't even color our eggs (yet?). I like the letting go of expectations reminder - I will hold onto that if/when we do decide to color eggs.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status