If It's Not Nailed Down, We'll Dip It!

(These long titles as of late are getting to me! Whew!)

Anyway, as we do every year, the kids and I (well, Melina and I this time) have just finished dipping our pretzels into dark chocolate and white chocolate. The last batches are cooling as we speak, waiting to be used as filling for a couple more treat bags for the teachers. These pretzels will join homemade iced sugar cookies and chocolate drop cookies in a cute little holiday bag. We bought the teachers a small gift, and contributed to their wish lists, so I don't know why I feel the need to feed all the teachers junk. I think it is just that I like to make the junk. I might as well spread the love, you know?

As I said, we do this dipping each year. In the past we've thrown in the safe bets (for us anyway): peanuts, walnuts, cranberries, raisins, and granola. I've tried some other fruits, and even put lots of nuts and fruits together. I've tried different cereals, too. Each year, we get a little bit more bold when we dip our pretzels. Last year, we tried Cheezits dipped in chocolate -- the hot and spicy variety. Aaron loved those! He asked for them again this year. Our experiment this time was chili-spiced dried mango. I knew Tim would love it, because Trader Joe's used to carry chocolate covered chili-spiced mango. Alas, it has been discontinued, except in our house.

In essence, my strategy is this: get enough chocolate to cover everything, and then throw everything in. If we don't like it, we don't try it again the next year. Got anything you'd like for us to try?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status