Poetry By Tim

Tim and I both like to write. He admittedly doesn't get to do this that often, but he is good at it. In a former life, I believe he won an essay contest. And, if you read his dissertation, it reads like prose. Both of us try to impart our love of writing onto the kids, and so far, we haven't had any luck. But because the girls are in 4th grade, they have more writing to do. They've been working on friendly letters, business letters, and persuasive paragraphs, as well as trying to become a better writer overall by including more details and being aware of topic sentences.

One of the things Tim likes to write are poems, in particular, Haiku. He usually tries to write humorous ones, so that they interest the kids more. To be honest, I don't think these poems of his adhere to the strict Haiku guidelines, but for what its worth, we think they are nice.

I present to you Tim's latest.

How he describes his writing:
My prose is purple.
My nights are dark and stormy.
The butler did it.

Talking about Doctor Who, one of our favorite TV characters of all time:
The Doctor is stuck.
The angels have the phone box.
Sally Sparrow, help!

Putting a little math into it (of course) and I can't get my Greek font working:
(Edit by Tim: I put the right character in)
Richard Dedekind
was feeling sort of hungry.
He η function.


And for those who like Christmas poetry:
I want an iPod,
but Santa says I've been bad.
Guess it's coal this year.

and
Santa, we've been good,
but we don't need lots of junk.
Cash or check will do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status