Winter Projects

We just had the electrician here to install fluorescent lighting in the basement. Our basement was old and dark, and while we will probably never have it finished, the kids like to play there sometimes, and we have a desk there for the kids to do their homework. Up until now, it really has been too dark for the kids to do their homework (what homework, right?), and with my eyes, I have always complained about not being able to see down there. Hence, the call to the electrician.

I just went down there to put away some boxes, and my first thought was, "Wow!" I really am not a fan of fluorescent lighting in stores or elsewhere in the home, but these lights really lit everything up! I can now see anything I want: the top of the box at the top of the shelf, the crevice behind the air hockey table, and the corner shelf that houses the cat litter. If the kids are looking for something in the toy bins, they should now be able to find things without my assistance.

Unfortunately, it is so light down there, I can see everything I don't want, too. The cat litter is much more apparent now, and the dirt on the old floor seems to stand out like a beacon. The dust bunnies that aggregate in the corners and the spot on the rug where Ferdinand or Lucy got sick seemed to jump out at me.

Which brought me to my decision for a nice, long, winter project. Since I won't be teaching, you will find me in the basement, cleaning, sorting, and making my newly enlightened rooms a bit more pleasing to the eye. If I give myself a timetable, I am betting that Melina and I can get it down before we start on identifying spring projects. One can hope, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status